POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) : Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k)
From: Tek
Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:43:28
Message: <40043c50@news.povray.org>
> You can't really answer this from looking how it works in real life -
> when you take a photograph of a star the ideal camera outside the earth
> atmosphere in ideal empty space will only show an infinitely small
> point.

Well I was thinking of a digital camera, which works by having a grid of colour
sensors that effectively just add together the brightness due to all photons
falling upon that pixel. Surely with that a very small point would always be 1
pixel in size and have a brightness proportional to it's brightness multiplied
by how much of the area of the pixel it covers.

I'm not sure how all that corresponds to gamma ramps and such, but digital
cameras tend to get sharp images without aliasing, so surely that can be used as
a model for an anti-aliasing technique?

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com